How to read the tyre size?
Let us take one of Continental’s most popular tyre sizes as an example.
225/50 R17 98H
Here is how you can decipher this code.
- The first three numbers, 225, represents the section width of this particular tyre, measured in mm.
- 50 is the aspect ratio, represented as a percentage of the section width.
- R signifies that this tyre has a radial ply construction.
- 17 is the rim diameter of this tyre. It is measured in inches.
- 98 is its load index. It means that this particular tyre can carry a maximum load of 750 kilograms.
- H is its speed index. Here, H corresponds to 130 mph.
When you buy car tyres Bolton from us, we ensure that the units fit your vehicular specifications. Our specialists at The Arches Garage Ltd make it a point to provide you with the right tyres Bolton for these reasons:
- It ensures correct speedometer rating
- It maintains acceleration
The Arches Garage Ltd is a name you can trust.
So, why don’t you put an end to your ‘tyre near me’ searches with us?
Call us on 01204 370 864.